- The National Culture Fund was established by the Ministry of Culture in 1996 as a Trust under the Charitable Endowments Act 1890, Donations/contributions to it will be eligible for deduction under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- The National Culture Fund is managed by a Council and an Executive Committee with eminent personalities in the field of Culture .
- The Hon'ble Minister for Culture, is the Chairperson of the Council. The Executive Committee is chaired by the Secretary, Ministry of Culture. NCF is a part of the Ministry of Culture .
- Initial corpus of Rs. 19.50 Cr is contributed by the Govt. of India.
- NCF has received support from Public Sector Undertakings like the NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, REC, HUDCO, BHEL,GAIL,IOC,NBCC,IFCL etc. and in the private sectors like Apeejay Group, Indian Hotels Company, Oberois , Sony India Pvt. Ltd etc.
- Accounts of NCF are audited by the C&AG of India.